Located on the doorstep of Mundijong’s historic town site in Perth’s south east, Whitby’s 500 hectare landholding will be transformed over the next 15 years into the region’s new residential, community and economic heart. Once complete, Whitby will feature:
- 4,500 lots and 15,000 residents
- A district centre and four town centres
- Two primary schools and one high school
- TAFE college
- Significant natural amenity within and surrounding the site including 20% bush forever and conservation category wetlands.
Working as part of the project team, Place Match developed a Place Making Strategy to inform detailed design, brand development and to guide sales, marketing and community development strategies for Whitby. This involved:
- Regional place and competitor audit
- Defining the Whitby Place Proposition and values including vision, sales and marketing workshop
- Development of a Place Making project blueprint
- Translating the Place Proposition and values into key strategies across planning, development, marketing and community development for use by the project team moving forward.
For further information visit whitbytown.com.au